I have spent so much time over the last number of years speaking and lecturing on the topic of “what great selling looks like”. Great selling for me is about:
– Finding problems and solving them
– Bringing added value that makes a difference
– Capturing the voice of the customer
– Living in the customer world
– Walking away if what you have does not align to the customer needs
We have seen so much non sense in my view over the years around objection handling and closing techniques – most of which I disagree with – trickery that aims to nobble people! Closing starts the minute you open your mouth – if you spend the duration of a meeting talking rubbish – I remain to be convinced that some form of magic wand termed as a closing technique will do the job. Sell from the heart and believe in what you are selling – the best sales people I have met just love their proposition. This love translates in to a passion – the ultimate sales tool. Dont be afraid of letting your customers know how much you love your propositions!