I was delighted to part of last nights Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses celebration and first cohort graduation event. The results and growth achieved from the participating companies was very impressive to say the least. As usual I was observing what happens when a room full of ambitious entrepreneurs get together to network and share ideas and experiences – this is were real business advice takes place, in communities of like-minded individuals. The stimulus and input from other successful, been there done it, businessmen and women should not be underestimated either.
When ambitious people get together to share the pain and stories, remarkable things happen:
– The feeling of loneliness is less profound
– You get new ideas and different perspectives to take your business forward
– You get to hear about trusted advisers and networks relevant to your business
– You become introduced to new potential customers and collaborators
– Answers to challenges present themselves
– Your mind gets refreshed
– When you see others doing well you end up running faster!
These environments help to raise the bar of personal performance, training with the best is a very effective way to improve.
Congratulations to MMU on their facilitation of the activity and I am really chuffed to being part of this activity going forward. A great example of how public and private sector collaboration is the answer to growing new business talent.