Fear of the unknown can have a massive impact on our ability to realise our business dreams. Virtually anyone that has succeeded in their profession, career or sport has been able to overcome their inner fears. Fear comes in many shapes and forms, it could be:
- Fear of losing a big contract
- Fear of being unable to provide for our family
- Fear of speaking in public
- Fear of providing personal guarantees to support growth
- Fear of taking on that new overseas market
In many instances fear is an emotion we create in our own mind and it often results from negative self talk. Fear can hold us back from doing what we want to do and what we want to achieve – it acts as a barrier to personal and business progression. The emotional turmoil created by fear stunts our personal growth, creates self limiting beliefs and leads to a lackluster performance that will not get you your desired outcome
By getting into the habit of confronting our fears, we release the internal brakes of the mind – this allows us to move forward with our personal intentions and create the life and career we desire. Mind conditioning is required if we are going to overcome the fears that hold us back. We must get into the habit of listening to those fears but asking ourselves – how real are they? Do away with those fears by:
- Taking small steps to overcoming those fears by forcing yourself to take action
- Visualise the outcome you want – not the fear factor
- Ask yourself how real is the fear?
- Dispel the invisible audience that fear creates in the mind
- How much do you want success? If you cant do away with the fear, disappointment will result
Surrendering to fear will hold you back, don’t fall victim to it, take positive steps to embrace fear and push through it. Once in the habit you will never look back – almost anything becomes a possibility.